Report: Medical Error Third-Leading Cause of Death
A new report released by John Hopkins University estimates the annual number of deaths in the US due to medical error was a staggering 251,454 in 2013 — making it the third-leading cause of death.
When injury or death occurs due to medical error, a patient or his/her family members will be able to make a medical malpractice claim. Medical malpractice encompasses a wide range of cases including misdiagnosis, surgical errors, prescription errors, birth injury, hospital negligence and emergency room negligence. There are a variety of situations that may contribute to medical malpractice, so every case is unique.
Assistance When You Are Injured From Medical Error
For more than 25 years, Joseph M. Marrone, Jr., has been fighting for the rights of people injured from errors occurring in medical care situations. Turn to our experienced medical malpractice law firm for answers and help in any type of medical-related injury or death:
- Birth trauma or birth injury: Will your child pay for a lifetime for the doctor’s mistake?
- OB/GYN malpractice: Did you suffer long-lasting damage to your reproductive organs or lose your wife in a maternal death situation during childbirth?
- Hospital malpractice or emergency room negligence: Was another type of caregiver other than a doctor or nurse to blame for your loved one’s death by error in a hospital?
- Prescription negligence: Did a prescribing physician or a pharmacist cause you harm through a medication or prescription error?
- Failure to diagnose: Was your loved one’s life cut short after a family doctor misdiagnosed or failed to diagnose a critical illness such as cancer or meningitis? Did you complain of symptoms, only to be ignored?
- Errors in surgery: Was your operation room the scene of a surgical error or an anesthesia error?
- Nursing home negligence: Does your loved one suffer from bedsores or nursing home abuse?
If you or a loved one are suffering due to a medical provider’s error, our experienced medical malpractice team and outside medical experts can help. Contact us today and we’ll be happy to listen, discuss your rights and get you the settlement you deserve.