WE CAN HELP
Cancer Misdiagnosis Lawyers Philadelphia, PA
PA Medical Malpractice Attorneys Support Victims of Misdiagnosed Cancer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Being misdiagnosed in regards to cancer can be the difference between a person surviving the illness or losing their life. Medical professionals have an obligation to their patients to provide a proper standard of care and be careful and thorough when analyzing a patient’s symptoms and health history. In situations where doctors were negligent or lazy in their diagnosis process, our results-driven law firm will support our sick clients and get them money for their treatments, losses, and pain and suffering. Call the Marrone Law Firm, LLC today at 215-709-7360 to get advisement on your medical malpractice cancer case in Pennsylvania. You can also contact us via our online form.
Cancer Misdiagnosis and Liability in Pennsylvania
The first thing a medical negligence victim must understand is that a cancer misdiagnosis does not always mean that a doctor is liable. Some forms of cancer are notoriously difficult to diagnose, or they show symptoms that replicate many other types of illnesses. Other cancers are very easy to identify with proper medical training and are more commonly seen, in which case a medical negligence claim may be easier to prove. Either way, you must be able to show that a doctor was not meeting a legally required “standard of care” when they misdiagnosed you.
Common Factors That Lead to Cancer Misdiagnosis in Philadelphia, PA
Factors that can lead to misdiagnosis of cancer include:
- Not referring a patient to the necessary specialist
- Failure to order the proper testing and screening for the given cancer
- Forgetting to consider a patient’s family or personal medical history
- Failing to interpret the results of medical testing correctly
- Failure of diagnostic testing application
- Forgetting to schedule important follow-ups
- Misjudging symptoms of cancer or symptoms of another disease or condition
Most Commonly Misdiagnosed Cancer Types in Pennsylvania
Many cancers can replicate the symptoms of other conditions. However, these are the four most commonly misdiagnosed cancers in Pennsylvania:
- Breast cancer: One out of every eight women are diagnosed with breast cancer at some point during their lives. However, some of these cases are initially misdiagnosed as non-cancerous cysts or tumors, breast inflammation, or fibrocystic breast disease. Certain medications also create symptoms of breast cancer, such as breast fluid leakage from the nipples.
- Colorectal cancer: There are many types of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs) that can mimic the symptoms of colorectal cancer. Ulcerative Colitis, IBS, and hemorrhoids all have similar symptoms.
- Lung cancer: Since lung cancer usually manifests in coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath, it is easily confused with respiratory conditions like pneumonia. By the time lung cancer is considered, however, the cancer may have already spread past the lungs.
- Pancreatic cancer: Like colorectal cancer, this condition can also be misdiagnosed as irritable bowel syndrome, or gallstones or pancreatitis. Some doctors even make the mistake of diagnosing pancreatic cancer as diabetes, which is actually a symptom of this type of cancer.
Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Attorney Can Advise You on Your Pennsylvania Cancer Misdiagnosis Case
Cancer is one the world’s biggest killers and also one of the most feared diseases. It is terrifying to get a diagnosis of cancer, which can lead to extreme despair, stress, and financial strain. Worse, though, is having cancer and then watching helplessly as the doctor you trust fails to catch it, leaving you with no chance to fight the disease in its earliest stages and increase your chance of survival. Whether a doctor diagnoses you incorrectly or misses the cancer completely, it can be devastating for a patient. The Marrone Law Firm, LLC will stand by any misdiagnosed client. You can feel comfortable knowing that you will be represented by the highest-quality Philadelphia medical malpractice attorneys in your PA cancer misdiagnosis case. Contact us today.
Advice you can trust
Legal questions? We’ll take it from here. Contact our top-rated attorneys.