WE CAN HELP
Slip and Fall Lawyers Philadelphia, PA
PA Personal Injury Attorneys Help Slip & Fall Accident Victims Get Financial Compensation in Philadelphia and Throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York
Most of the time when we slip and fall, we just get a bit scratched up and bruised. Unfortunately, however, there are plenty of slip & fall cases that involve much more serious injuries, such as broken bones, permanent muscle damage, internal bleeding, large open wounds, or, if falling from high enough, organ failure, limb loss, or even death. If you slipped and fell in Pennsylvania and suffered a catastrophic injury, you may be entitled to compensation in situations where someone else was negligent and conditions they were responsible for led to your fall-down accident. Our PA personal injury lawyers can stand by your side and negotiate fair compensation for you or your loved one. All you have to do is call the Philadelphia law office of the Marrone Law Firm, LLC at 215-709-7360.
Common Slip and Fall Accidents in Philadelphia, PA
- Dangerous Weather Conditions: All sorts of weather conditions can result in slip and falls. Heavy rain can make the ground inside a building slippery, while ice and snow are notorious for posing the same risk outside of businesses like restaurants and stores. It is the responsibility of the premises owner to keep floors dry, to post warning signs, and to salt their pathways.
- Workplace Slip and Falls: With proper training, most construction and manufacturer workers shouldn’t have to worry too much about slip & fall accidents. However, it is not uncommon for improper inspections or negligence of employers and fellow co-workers to lead to unsecure hangers or items laid around to be tripped on.
- Nursing Home Falls: The elderly and the sick are very fragile and prone to falls, but that doesn’t always make it their fault. It is the responsibility of caretakers to keep obstacles out of the way, floors dry and safe, and floorboards or carpets safe to walk on.
- Footwear Defects: Sometimes, a trip and fall situation is not due to outside sources, but is instead caused by the very shoes on your feet. Shoes that promise to have good traction in dangerous weather conditions but that don’t follow through on those promises can be grounds for a slip and fall suit in Pennsylvania.
The Difficulty of Proving Fault of Property Owners in Philadelphia, PA
Unlike a car accident, it may not be so obvious who is responsible for the negligence that resulted in your slip and fall accident injuries. Evidence of slip and falls can quickly be removed, which could be a serious issue if pictures were not immediately taken. Most property owners naturally don’t want to have to pay out a settlement and are much more likely to fight a claim, especially when the slip & fall victim does not have a qualified attorney on their side. It takes a lot of investigating and expert legal support to win a settlement for these kinds of slip and fall cases, and the Marrone Law Firm, LLC in Philadelphia is the firm that can make that happen.
How You Can Strengthen Your Pennsylvania Slip & Fall Claim
Evidence is crucial in any personal injury case, but especially so in a slip and fall accident claim where evidence can quickly be cleaned away after the fall-down accident. If you want a better chance for compensation in your PA slip & fall case, do the following:
- Take pictures of everything and record video as well. This includes anything at the accident site that seems out of place or dangerous or worn down. It doesn’t hurt to cover all ground.
- Get the contact information for everyone who witnessed your slip and fall. Also get the contact information for the owner of the premises.
- Document your injuries fully. Take pictures of clothing, body parts, bruises, and anything else that would show where you were injured. If there is blood on the ground, take pictures of that too.
- Follow your doctor’s treatment orders very carefully, as insurance companies love to “get” people on the idea that they wouldn’t be suffering if they followed health care advice.
- Get copies of any medical or other treatment records.
- Record witness statements when they are at the scene only.
- Call an attorney from the Marrone Law Firm, LLC to handle your PA slip and fall case.
Consult a Philly Personal Injury Lawyer Who Will Prepare Your Pennsylvania Slip and Fall Case
Did you trip and fall or slip and fall on a cracked sidewalk or icy walkway in Pennsylvania and suffer injuries? Did someone owning the premises not take care to maintain their property to make it safe for pedestrians and visitors? You may be able to get a monetary award from an insurance company or property owner. To see if you have a viable case and have been harmed by someone else’s negligence regarding their own property, talk to the Philadelphia personal injury lawyers at the Marrone Law Firm, LLC. If you have any questions or want to schedule a free consultation, call our attorneys today at 215-709-7360. You can also contact us using our online form and reach us at any time.